CEO of Music City Chief Executives | VISTAGE Advisory Board Chairman | NAVIX Exit Strategist
As CEO of his Tennessee company, Music City Chief Executives™, Clark Vitulli chairs three growing groups of nearly 50 CEOs and Key Executives in the Nashville area on behalf of VISTAGE International. He is also a Certified Exit and Succession Planning Strategist for NAVIX, the premier company helping business owners navigate and achieve happy exits. Over the course of his career, Clark has had the privilege to help lead many business units and executive leaders, and now partners with VISTAGE and NAVIX to continue his three business passions: ~ helping companies and leaders grow ~ helping plan and execute their successful exits ~ and “giving back.” Clark has recently been awarded both the VISTAGE Chair Excellence and Rookie of the Year Awards.
Clark is a Senior Executive with hands-on leadership experience with large, Multi-Billion dollar OEM corporations, over 10,000 retail dealerships, turn-arounds, brand building, manufacturing, product launches and successful start-ups that bring vast breadth and depth of executive leadership experience and qualifications to his coaching and consulting roles:
- Harley-Davidson of St. Augustine. During Clark’s ownership, the dealership was voted “Best Motorcycle Shop in St. Augustine,” “Best Motorcycle Dealership in Jacksonville,” and “DealerNews Top 100 Dealer” in the US four years in row — the only H-D dealership in Florida to ever receive that honor.
- America’s PowerSports (APS). Clark founded APS in 1998 and served as its Chairman, President & CEO. In only eight short years, Clark and his team built the second-largest motorcycle/power sports dealer group in the US. During his tenure at APS, the company acquired 17 dealerships in nine states with 635 employees and representing 63 brands such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, BMW, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris and SeaDoo. Dealer profit margins were 2.5 times the average industry dealer, and revenue went from zero to $200 Million. While building this start-up in Nashville, Clark was also a Member of a VISTAGE/TEC CEO Group in Nashville.
- Outboard Marine Corporation (OMC) recruited Clark as President of its Boat Group. OMC’s product offerings included Johnson and Evinrude engines and 12 major boat brands manufactured in 9 plants in the US and Canada. These boat brands included Chris*Craft, Hydra-Sports, Stratos and Javelin.
- Mark III Industries, the nation’s largest van and truck conversion manufacturing company in the RV industry, recruited Clark as it’s President/CEO. He left Mark III to work on consulting assignments in Korea and Saudi Arabia.
- Mazda Motor of America recruited Clark to serve as its Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, spearheading the launch of six new cars and trucks, dealer expansion and leading a period of significant growth in sales, market share, customer satisfaction and dealer satisfaction that has not been matched since.
- Chrysler Corporation. Clark began his career as a District Manager working with dealers in Florida. During his career with Chrysler, he served in key field management positions in Florida, Washington, D.C., Detroit and California. He also held several corporate positions leading up to Chrysler Division General Marketing Manager.
Clark has coached, mentored and consulted internationally, been a guest columnist/writer for DealerNews, a national trade magazine, and helped local charities, including Wounded Warriors, Humane Society and Cancer Society among others. He has produced outstanding results in all disciplines by developing and coaching the organization into an effective team and creating a strategic vision with unique plans and tactics that achieved consistent growth in sales volume, market share and brand image. Clark has broad functional integration and leadership experience and is also recognized as an Executive Management Coach / Consultant and Keynote Speaker.
Clark has been a member of the J. D. Power International Roundtable; the Florida Governor’s “Council of 100,” and has served as an executive professor at Northwood University in Michigan, an MBA “Distinguished Lecturer” at the University of Florida and also lectured at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN. He has been honored by Who’s Who in California and Who’s Who in the Midwest, received Powersports Business magazine’s “Leadership Award” and the Nashville Business Journal’s “Best in Business” award as well as a finalist in their “Entrepreneur of the Year” award. Clark is a member of MENSA and the Motorcycle Industry Council. He has been consistently recognized as an effective, energetic communicator and speaker with outstanding leadership and strategic planning skills.
In addition to receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Advertising from the University of Florida, Clark completed the Executive Management Program at Tuck Graduate School at Dartmouth and has his MBA Degree in Organizational Management from Trevecca University in Nashville. He has also been certified by the Dale Carnegie Executive Management Development course and the Crosby Quality College in Executive Management.
Married with two sons, Clark and his wife, Christy, a health care industry executive, live in Nashville.
For leadership expertise, mentoring or exit planning, contact Clark at Music City Chief Executives.