CEO of Music City Chief Executives | VISTAGE Advisory Board Chair |Leadership Team Strategic Development | Private Executive Coach | Business Exit Planner
As Founder and Chief Executive Officer of his Tennessee company, MUSIC CITY CHIEF EXECUTIVES, Clark Vitulli chairs three groups totaling 45 CEOs, Business Owners and Key Executives in the Nashville area on behalf of VISTAGE Worldwide. Over the course of his career, Clark has had the privilege to help lead many business units and executive leaders, and now partners with VISTAGE to continue his three business passions: ~ helping companies and leaders grow ~ helping plan and execute their successful exits ~ and “giving back.” Clark is a two-time winner of the VISTAGE Chair Excellence Award and Rookie of the Year Award.
Clark is a Senior Executive with hands-on leadership experience with large OEM corporations ($5.5B in sales), over 10,000 retail dealerships, turn-arounds, brand building, manufacturing, product launches and successful start-ups that bring vast breadth and depth of executive leadership experience and qualifications:
- Harley-Davidson of St. Augustine. During Clark’s ownership, the dealership was voted “Best Motorcycle Shop in St. Augustine,” “Best Motorcycle Dealership in Jacksonville,” and “DealerNews Top 100 Dealer” in the US four years in a row — the only H-D dealership in Florida to ever receive that honor.
- America’s PowerSports (APS). Clark founded APS in 1998 and served as its Chairman, President & CEO. In only eight short years, Clark and his team built the second-largest motorcycle/power sports dealer group in the US. During his tenure at APS, the company acquired 17 dealerships in nine states with 635 employees and representing 63 brands such as Harley-Davidson, Honda, BMW, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Polaris and SeaDoo. Dealer profit margins were 2.5 times the average industry dealer, and revenue grew from zero to $200Million. While building this start-up in Nashville, Clark was also a Member of a VISTAGE/TEC CEO Group in Nashville.
- Outboard Marine Corporation (OMC) recruited Clark as President of its Boat Group. OMC’s product offerings included Johnson and Evinrude engines and 12 major boat brands manufactured in 9 plants in the US and Canada. These boat brands included Chris*Craft, Hydra-Sports, Stratos and Javelin.
- Mark III Industries, the nation’s largest van and truck conversion manufacturing company in the RV industry, recruited Clark as it’s President/CEO. He left Mark III to work on consulting assignments in Korea and Saudi Arabia.
- Mazda Motor of America recruited Clark to serve as its Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, spearheading the launch of six new cars and trucks, dealer expansion and leading a period of significant growth in sales, market share, customer satisfaction and dealer satisfaction that has not been matched since.
- Chrysler Corporation. Clark began his career as a District Manager working with dealers in Florida. During his career with Chrysler, he served in key field management positions in Florida, Washington, D.C., Detroit and California. He also held several corporate positions leading up to Chrysler Division General Marketing Manager.
Clark has coached and consulted internationally, been a guest columnist for DealerNews, a national trade magazine, and supported local charities, including Second Harvest Food Bank, Wounded Warriors, Humane Society and Cancer Society and Tucker House among others. He has produced outstanding results in all disciplines by developing and coaching organizations into effective teams and creating strategic visions with unique plans and tactics that achieved consistent growth in sales volume, market share, brand image and profits.
Clark has been a member of the J. D. Power International Roundtable; the Florida Governor’s “Council of 100;” and has served as an executive professor at Northwood University in Michigan, an MBA “Distinguished Lecturer” at the University of Florida and also lectures at Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN. He has received Powersports Business magazine’s “Leadership Award” and the Nashville Business Journal’s “Best in Business” and “Top 100” Awards, and a finalist in their “Entrepreneur of the Year” award. Clark is a member of the Motorcycle Industry Council, and has been consistently recognized as an effective, energetic communicator and speaker with superior leadership skills. He has also been recently honored as an Official Member of the Forbes Coaches Council, an invitation-only community for leading business and career coaches.
In addition to receiving a Bachelor of Science Degree in Advertising from the University of Florida, Clark completed the Executive Management Program at Tuck Graduate School at Dartmouth and has his MBA Degree in Organizational Management from Trevecca University in Nashville. He has also been certified by the Dale Carnegie Executive Management Development course and the Crosby Quality College in Executive Management.
Married with two grown sons, Chris and Cameron, Clark and his wife, Christy, a health care industry executive, live in Nashville.
For leadership expertise, mentoring or exit planning, contact Clark at Music City Chief Executives.